What to expect on your first lesson
What to expect in your first lesson
I can arrange the first lesson from a pick up address to suit you. After the usual introductions the first lesson will usually cover the following areas (time permitting):
- Getting to know you, your aspirations for learning to drive and your preferred learning style.
- Your personal access to the 'Theory Test Pro' website and it's resources.
- Checking your provisional licence and your eyesight.
- Getting to know the car and its controls.
- Saftey checks for looking after and safely starting the car
- Learning the 'cockpit drill' - how to make yourself safe and comfortable in the driver's seat
- Steering technique
- Use of mirrors
- Understanding MSM
- Driving the car - moving off, stopping and changing gear
- Agreeing a plan for the next lesson
- Updating your progress record
If time allows we may also cover:
- The hill start
- Turning left/right
- A short drive if there is a suitable route nearby